Wee Poetry - a knit blog

"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." - Elizabeth Zimmerman

Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Lesley Sock Experiment


Pattern: The same Ann Norling Adult Basic Sock pattern I use every time I knit a sock
Yarn: Bearfoot, not sure the colorway
Needles: size 1

To fit a wee Lesley size foot:
20 rows of 2x2 rib
50 rows of waffle stitch (my only variation on the pattern)
turn heel
36 rows for foot
close toe

Why is it so hard to photograph red things? This yarn is so much prettier in real life, much darker than the photos, richer.

The experiment part of this is that I've always wanted to know how long it takes me to make a sock, so I've decided to use Lesley's little one to find out. I'm going to sit down with my cup of fruit medley tea, put the new Willie Nelson CD on and see how long I can knit. Oh, and this is a totally valid thing to do, because one of my characters also needs to know how long it takes to knit a sock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home